Evidence That Change Is Underway
The magic of autumn is the sensate evidence that change is underway. We see it in the colors all around us. We smell it in the air as the earth emanates the aroma of damp leaves. We feel it as the winds bring crisp temperatures. We hear it in the rustling leaves swirling on the sidewalks. And we taste it in the harvested fruits and vegetables that appear in our markets and show up spiced and delicious on our tables.
What was begun in spring has come to fruition and the season to reap what was sown and gather the seeds for the rebirth next spring is happening. This is nature’s design: the cycle of seasons perpetuates abundant life year after year.
Engage Your Senses for Evidence of Change in Your Life
To get that sensate feeling of what is changing in your life right now, invite your five senses to give you signals:*
- Sniff the air (metaphorically) – notice any change in the atmosphere around you?
- Take a long, loving look at the real – honestly, what’s going on in your life right now?
- Feel your body – where are you noticing twinges signaling what you truly feel?
- Do a taste test – what word captures how your life tastes – sweet, bitter, stale, hot…?
- Listen intently – What is your inner knowing voice of wisdom telling you?
Nature Offers a Repertoire of Metaphors for Insight**
When seeking insight around an issue we can look to nature to give us a way to see our situation from a different perspective. Sometimes that’s all it takes to get clarity and direction. What signs of change are evident in your life?
Questions for Circle Discussion
- How does the season of autumn generally impact you?
- Where in your life do you see signs of harvesting what was begun; or see the next generation of seeds being gathered to perpetuate another rebirth?
- What is needed to plan for the change in your life you sense is underway?
To get the most from your Circle gathering, read the Circle Guidelines.
*This sensate process was posted in my November 2018 blog – Each Season Has Its Beauty
**The chapter reference for this Wisdom of the Feminine theme is from The ABC Path toward True Wisdom: A Woman’s Guide to Trusting What She Knows in Her Heart Is True, Mystical Moments, p. 85-89.
Permission to reproduce this post in its entirety is granted for use in privately hosted women’s circles and non-profit programs only.
For use in for-profit women’s circles and programs, written permission is required to reproduce any portion of this post.
©2019 Teresa Lampmann