When Women Gather
The value of a women’s circle is in the wisdom of the women participating who speak from the truth of their experience.
The wisdom shared by each woman contributes to the larger story of women’s experience and offers a broader perspective through women whose paths have been different than your own.
This collective wisdom of women supports and encourages you to trust what you know in your heart is true.
How to Use These Circle Guidelines
There are as many variations of women’s circles as there are women organizing them. These guidelines offer a general description of what has proven to work well. Whether you are joining an existing Circle, hosting an on-going Circle or starting your own Circle, you can use these guidelines for a basic orientation.
To get the most out of a Circle gathering:
- Be fully present during your time together. Turn off your phone and stay focused on the woman speaking.
- Listen with an open heart to what is being shared and the feelings being expressed.
- When you choose to speak, share from the truth as you have experienced it.
- Notice when you are in disagreement with what is being said. Ask yourself, “Why am I getting this reaction?” and plan to explore what stirred in you after the Circle ends.
What generally happens during Circle:
- Opening and welcome:
- The Circle candle is lit: This designates this time is separate from ordinary time. It is sacred time set aside to be with a community of women speaking from the truth of their experience, sharing the wisdom gleaned from their personal journey.
- Circle Go- round: Each woman says her name and a word that captures what she is feeling in the moment.
- Circle discussion
- The topic and questions for discussion are introduced.
- The group decides which question to discuss first and each woman shares her response to the question when she is ready. She can also choose to pass.
- The Circle continues with the next questions, wrapping up within the allotted time.
- A brief wrap up is offered to acknowledge and appreciate the collective wisdom shared.
- Circle Go-round: Each woman offers a final thought about what she is feeling.
- The candle flame is extinguished designating the close of the Circle and the return to ordinary time.
Every woman has wisdom to share from living through an era when women’s spirit grew strong again.
- Be mindful of the time when sharing.
- Each person gets a turn sharing before taking a second turn, and anyone can choose not to share.
- Trust what is shared is true and valid for that person. No one needs advice or counseling.
- What is shared in the Circle, stays in the Circle – maintain confidentiality.
Although the Wisdom of the Feminine themes for Circle discussions are selected from chapters in the book, The ABC Path toward True Wisdom, you don’t need to have read the book to participate in the discussions. It is the wisdom of your experience that is valued.
Permission to reproduce any Wisdom of the Feminine blog post in its entirety is granted for use in privately hosted women’s circles and non-profit programs only.
For use in for-profit women’s circles and programs, written permission is required to reproduce any portion of any post.
©2019 Teresa Lampmann
Wisdom’s Delight, LLC and its members are not medical health professionals and do not dispense medical advice or prescribe the use of any technique as a form of treatment for physical, emotional, or medical problems. Individuals with physical, emotional, or medical problem should always seek the advice of a medical health professional. The intent of Wisdom’s Delight, LLC and its members is only to offer information of a general nature to help you in your quest for spiritual well-being. In the event you use any of the information from this website for yourself, Wisdom’s Delight, LLC and its members disclaim any responsibility for any action you take as a result of your interpretation of information provided.